From: Martin Gainty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 4:46 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Servlet Filter Not Intercepting?

2 things1) the order of filter-mapping DOES matter in web.xmlin other words
1st lexically is the first filter to fire 2)any pre-initialisation of the
filter should be accomplished in the init() method()
check out this link from
ibmhttp://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-tomcat/
Martin______________________________________________Disclaimer and
confidentiality noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to
the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential
nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than
intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained
within this transmission.> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Servlet Filter Not Intercepting?> Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:36:21
-0500> > Hi all,> > > > I'm having a problem with filters. I setup filter to
block access to a> resource unless the user is authenticated.> > > > I've
noticed that the resource is accessed then the filter kicks in and then>
loads.> > > > I thought filters were supposed to intercept the request
before the resource> is accessed?> > > > Is there something wrong with my
xml configuration?> > > > Thanks,> > Jay>