I am looking into configuring SingleSignOn Kerberos authentication in a Tomcat
application using SPNEGO authentication on a Apache2 frontend server. The
fontend apache2 currently forwards all requests to Tomcat through mod_jk.

As I see there is an apache2 module for Kerberos authentication without user
intervention, mod_spnego.

However I am curious of knowing if it is possible using mod_spnego to forward
the authenticated user/principal in a http header to Tomcat from Apache, in the
mod_jk stream. The packaged Tomcat application requires an http header that
containes the user.

Also, will autentication take place before mod_jk forwards the request? If
mod_jk acts before autentication there is no point in proceding with this.

Has anyone had experience in this?

/Cenk