Hey Rainer!

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 07:39:49AM +0100, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Hi Cenk,
>
> For me the mod_spnego code looks like it only set the usual
> authenticated user var, so the name of the user will be available for
> the webapp only by using request.getRemoteUser() and not via an http header.

Yes I got that impression. I was thinking that perhaps the RequestHeader
directive from mod_headers could be used to set a REMOTE_USER header, using the
REMOTE_USER variable that mod_spnego should have set.

But it seems to be a question of timing, needing authentication to have taken
place and the REMOTE_USER variable to have been set before RequestHeader
actions take place. I will simply have to test this out when I have time.

> > Also, will autentication take place before mod_jk forwards the
> > request? If mod_jk acts before autentication there is no point in
> > proceding with this.
>
> It looks like the two modules play nicely together. mod_spnego only uses
> the auth slots and mod_jk totally ignores those. That should be fine.
>
> You shoulkd check, if mod_spnego does work fine with <Location>
> directives and not only with <Directory>. I would expect that, but the
> docs are not clear about it.

Looking at forum messages at sf mod_spnego site it seems that Location
directives worked out whereas Directory directives did not.

Thanks!
Cenk