Using the NIO connector: protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol".

I'll add response.flushBuffer() and see if that helps.

The tomcat version I was testing against was current with svn as of
last Friday.  I just updated and the only files that are new are:
catalina.policy
STATUS.txt
changelog.xml

Any ideas about the timeout setting or the comet error event without a subtype?

Thanks for your response!

Peter