One reason for doing this, is again not whether IIS or APACHE is better although APACHE on linux in the hands of a guru is very good, its because Tomcat carries clear text passwords, so if a hacker did get at the machine, they would probably see the Active X LDAP master password,

I don't understand this comment at all. 'Passwords' in tomcat can be managed by a whole host of authentication schemes. I use SSL to protect access to the password on the net and MD5 encoded passwords in a database for user authentication and access control. It depends entirely upon how you configure your system.

Regards

Alan

!DSPAM:4784031b130881839419991!