From: David Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quarta-feira, 9 de Janeiro de 2008 18:35
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Why use a Web Server over Tomcat?

In my CISSP training, we covered the possiblity of putting a web server
in between two firewalls.  The outer one cleans the course junk out of
the data stream like denial of service attacks, web server compromise
attackes, malformed packets, as well as closing down server services
that should be available to the company, but not the public.  The inner
one is more fine grained possibly protecting company data assets from
disclosure or blocking unapproved websites from being accessed by employees.

Just trying to say there is a business case for two firewalls -- it has
more to do with protecting company assets than protecting the web server.

--David