To be clear, the appBase can contain nothing but webapps and tomcat considers all content to be a part of one webapp or another. The ROOT webapp is a special webapp that processes all requests not matching any other webapp's path. To serve up your html file from the root of your site, place it in the ROOT webapp. See the tomcat docs and the servlet spec (especially the servlet spec) for a clear description of how this is handled.

--David

rajendra_sakpal wrote:

Hi Caldarale,

Yesterday's issue:
=================

Thanks for the reply.  We are supposed deploy the application which has
JSP/HTML pages & some Java classes bundled as JAR in Tomcat.

Note: We cannot change the application the way it is bundled now.
Today's issue:
==============

However, I am curious to know if there's any resolution for the problem with
accessing HTML page under non-default appBase in Tomcat.

FYI: The problem that I described here has nothing to do with the problem
that I posted yesterday.

I just want to know if I am missing anything/doing anything wrong in
configuring Tomcat so that I can access the HTML under the appBase which is
not "webapps" but some other location on the server.

If possible, let me know if you have a solution to the issue that I reported
today.

Thanks & regards,
Rajendra