We have an app that uses connection pooling, but tries to specify the
username/password in the code.  In particular, it does not want the
password to be in plain text in an xml file.  There is only one username
involved, so no issues with heterogeneous connection pools.  Pretty
basic requirement.

Tomcat complains that this is not supported in "Basic" DBCP.

Any pointers most welcome.  If not possible with DBCP, what connection
poolers do people recommend?  C3p0?

Thanks,

Anthony

(We had tried to use Oracle CP, but too hard to set max nr connections
parameter which is a property, rather than reflected.  Requires a
special JNDI factory, or a future version of Tomcat.)

--
Dr Anthony Berglas
Ph. +61 7 3227 4410