> So you want you make your webapp to also respond at
> http://[myServer:port]/welcome.  You can achieve a second launch of your
> webapp just by placing welcome.xml (w/ your Context config) in
> [TomcatHome]/conf/Catalina/localhost.  Just know this is a second
> launch, not an alias to the first running instance.

Can you explain this a little bit more detailed? What does a secon
launch mean? What are the consequences? I just want to start the
application with /welcome. So this would be the same instance everytime?!

As I wrote, it works if I insert the context into server.xml. Is this
really bad style? It is much simpler as creating a new welcome.xml.

thx
chris