> From: Chris Riekenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Context does not work
>
> Can you explain this a little bit more detailed? What does a secon
> launch mean?

It means you get two webapps started, one with the path "welcome", one
with a path that's the name of the webapp .war file or directory.  This
is usually undesirable.

> As I wrote, it works if I insert the context into server.xml. Is this
> really bad style? It is much simpler as creating a new welcome.xml.

Yes, it's very bad style - don't do it.  Unless you need some special
settings for the <Context> attributes, you don't really need a <Context>
element at all.  For your case just name your .war file (or the expanded
directory under webapps) "welcome" and you'll have what you want.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.