I recently got bit by this:
http://marc.info/?t=109709261400008&r=1&w=2

So I was looking for some statement somewhere on if that issue is now
fixed in 5.0.x and/or if it's an issue in either 5.5 or 6.0, and what
JVMs are 'safe' to use in 5.5 and 6.0.

That's when I saw this:

"
Tomcat 6.0 is designed to run on JSE 5.0 and later,
and requires configuration to run on JSE 5.0.
"

from:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

The corresponding note from the previous version is:
"
Tomcat 5.5 is designed to run on J2SE 5.0 and later,
and requires configuration to run on J2SE 1.4.
Make sure to read the "RUNNING.txt" file in the
fulldocs downloadable file(s) if you are using J2SE 1.4.
"
from:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

I'm wondering if someone in the know could confirm that the text of the
TC6 release notes is correct?  It seems off. Why say it's designed for
x, then say it requires config to run on x.

Thanks