> From: gb1071nx [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 requires config to run on JSE 5?
>
> So I was looking for some statement somewhere on if that
> issue is now fixed in 5.0.x and/or if it's an issue in
> either 5.5 or 6.0,

5.0 is now deprecated, so the first part of that question is somewhat
moot.  Haven't seen any problems with JSP compilation running Tomcat 5.5
and 6.0 on the 1.5 and 1.6 JREs.

> what JVMs are 'safe' to use in 5.5 and 6.0.

Sun's HotSpot 1.5 and 1.6 are known to work.  IBM's 1.5 has been used,
as has JRockit, but to what extent, I don't know.  GNU's JVM is not
adequate.

> I'm wondering if someone in the know could confirm that
> the text of the TC6 release notes is correct?

It's not really incorrect, but is certainly misleading.  Chalk it up to
programmers not being writers or editors.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.