hi, all
I build a web application based on tomcat. In my design, I devide the server
side into several separate logic parts,and each part is deployed on a separate
Tomcat server. e.g. the first tomcat server is to process login request, second
tomcat server is to calculate user data, the third tomcat server is to store
all the user information. It is a distribute architecure, and I hope in this
way, this system can be extended by adding tomcat server when the application
load on one Tomcat server is big enough.  For example, when the second tomcat
server's calculation work is too big, I can add a new Tomcat server to do
calculation work, so do the first Tomcat server for processing login, while in
the system, there is only one Tomcat server to store the total user
information. This architecture is widely used in the Client/Server mode
application, while I'm not sure whether in Browser/Server mode it can work.
I think this requirment is different to the Tomcat cluster, because Tomcat
cluster can solve the load balance problem, while in my case, I would like to
keep some global data on one Tomcat server such as the third tomcat server. So
currently, I meet a problem of how to communicate between the tomcat servers, I
think http or webservice can do this work simply, but the efficiency is not
good, and I don't know whether JMS is a good choice for this. I wonder if there
is any other way to communicate between the tomcat server? Can tomcat servers
work in such a distribute way?

Any help and suggestion will be welcome.

Thank you very much

Frank