To manually undeploy a webapp, when tomcat is stopped,
remove webapps/<webappname>*
remove work/Catalina/localhost/<webappname>
remove conf/Catalina/localhost/<webappname>.xml

Karr, David a écrit :
I installed v5.5.25.  I installed the "admin" app (although the
instructions on doing this seem uncertain).  I used it for a few hours,
deploying and undeploying some experimental apps using MyFaces and
RichFaces.  Now, for some reason, I'm finding that Tomcat won't start up
at all, and I've undeployed all the apps (except the admin app) that I
had deployed.  I first only removed the war and exploded dir from the
webapps dir, but then I tried removing them from the
"work/Catalina/localhost" directory also.

The error I'm seeing in the localhost log is this:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
java:1362)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
java:1208)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.j
ava:3712)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216
)

Obviously, since something is still trying to reference MyFaces, there's
some remnant of one of my deployed apps lying around in a place that I'm
not aware of.