Christopher Schultz wrote:

Filip,

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
| if you look at the stack trace, there is no error in the clustering
| code. something is modifying your session attribute while the cluster is
| trying to send it

I'm suggesting that this should not be considered an error: there's
nothing in the API or servlet spec that says you can't modify an object
as it sits in the session.
no, its just common sense, given that the session should represent a client state,
and by the time the cluster tries to serialize it, the request is over.

developers misuse sessions all the time, I would add this into that category.

While I would not consider this a bug in Tomcat, the fact remains that
there is no reasonable way to protect against this (save working on a
separate copy of the object and then replacing the one in the session).
one can use a technology like terracotta that handles replication completely separate from the request flow, and at the field level.
that technology doesn't suffer from the problem described above

Filip