Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input.  I discovered the problem.  It did indeed have to do
with case sensitivity.  The META-INF AND WEB-INF directories are supposed to
be in uppercase.  But when I copied the whole webapp over onto the new
Tomcat installation Linux forced the names to be lowercase.  I had to go
into it and rename them in uppercase.  This issue at least is solved...now I
have other issues...more on that later in another post.

Alan