Tomcat only deploys (dot).war files. Or if you want to manually deploy you can
create the application directory yourself under the Tomcat webapps directory
and upzip the (dot).war or populate the directory structure with the right
classes, jars, html and jsp yourself:

TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\yourwebapp\WEB-INF\classes\lib

There's more: you need to take a look at the tomcat.jarakta.apache.org doco.

where TOMCAT_HOME may or may not be an environment variable depending on
platform that is the root of the Tomcat installation. HTH.

polock wrote ..