The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Luis Villa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 12:46 PM
Subject: Tomcat SSL, Windows 2003 and Windows-My Provider

Hello all,

I'm trying to configure a Tomcat 6 server with SSL using the Windows-My
provider from java 6. I've been able to do it in Windows XP and it works
perfectly, but when executing in Windows 2003, tomcat is not able to open
the keystore (it says it cannot find .keystore file, althought the
configuration is completely the same as in WindowsXP).

Hi... listen I think its because the .ketstore file is stored in the user folder...
and that is changing...

So when you logon its in "Docs and Settings"/Username...
but when the service starts as "system" user, that location is now under C:/ I think...

So, either try change the service configuraion to run in your user name, or figure out where its looking for it and move the keystore there....

IF you start tomcat from the BAT file... it will run in your user name... if that works, then you can eliminate configurations problems and just try figure out where 2003 is hiding the user location...
I think....

I'm using the following connector:

   <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="true" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreType="Windows-MY"
               keyAlias="myKey"
   />

On our sytems we seem to be using the default stuff...
I actually dont know what "Windows-MY" is ;)

acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"

clientAuth="false" keystorePass="xxxxxx" sslProtocol="TLS" />

I've accessed the store with 'keytool -list -storetype Windows-MY' and it
works (it shows myKey). Is there more configuration needed in W2003
(permissions, policies, etc)? has someone found this problem before?

Thanks in advance