From: Jan Mönnich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 4:56 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Logging in separate Thread

Hi folks,

we want to log just the domain name a user comes from. As the required
DNS reverse lookup can take some time, we would like to do the lookup
and the logging in a separate thread. Is it a good idea to just start
a new thread for that from a servlets doPost() method?

Thanks in advance!
 Jan

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Jan Mönnich, PKI Team
Phone: +49 40 808077-632, Fax: +49 40 808077-556, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de, Phone +49 40 808077-555
Sitz / Register: Hamburg, AG Hamburg, HRB 88805, Ust-IdNr.: DE 232129737
Sachsenstraße 5, 20097 Hamburg/Germany, CEO: Dr. Klaus-Peter Kossakowski

15 Jahre DFN-CERT + 15. DFN-Workshop "Sicherheit in vernetzten Systemen"
am 13./14. Februar 2008 im CCH Hamburg - https://www.dfn-cert.de/ws2008/