From: Tommy Peterson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 February 2008 18:48
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: mod_jk/apache+tomcat/400 bad request

I just set up Tomcat to talk to Apache for a Java app. I am using virtual
hosting with mod_jk. In my Apache config files I have the following:
JkMount /thedirectory/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /*/images/* ajp13

However, I am getting a 400 error. The page is just blank.

The directory on Tomcat is mainly the following:
/webapps/thedirectory/
/webapps/thedirectory/images/
/webapps/thedirectory/subdirectory/

I need all the files in the /webapps/thedirectory/ to be served by Tomcat. I
did have in my Apache configuration:
JkMount /thedirectory/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /*/servlet/* ajp13

I also tried
JkMount /thedirectory/*.jsp ajp13

JkMount /thedirectory/images/* ajp13

JkMount /thedirectory/subdirectory/* ajp13

Neither worked. I got the same 400 error in the apache access.log.

Incidentally, this came about after I continually got a 404 Access Denied error
when trying to access this directory. So I put an index.html file in the
/thedirectory/ folder and redirected it to login.jsp, which is the main page
for the Java application that Tomcat is suppose to handle. So the index.html
page is found and it redirects to the login.jsp. The login.jsp is where the 400
error comes into the scene.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the
original intended recipient. BioMed Central Limited does not accept liability
for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly
made on behalf of BioMed Central Limited. No contracts may be concluded on
behalf of BioMed Central Limited by means of e-mail communication. BioMed
Central Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 3680030
Registered Office Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4LB