> From: Thompson,Roger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Trailing slash problem
>
> The http connector adds a trailing slash to the top level
> rerquest [sic] to a web app

As I recall, it's required by the HTTP RFC (or possibly the URI RFC -
you can look it up).

> Is there a way to tell the connector to not do this?

Read the response Bill B gave you when you asked essentially the same
question two weeks ago:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=120226844927975&w=2

> Is there a discussion regarding why this behavior
> was implemented

There's much discussion in the archives - search for it.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.