Hi,
We would like to have 2-4 virtual hosts setup on a Tomcat 5.5.x server. I want
all of these applications to respond under "/"

I have read all the documentation on how to setup a new "host" in server.xml
with a custom appBase and then specify your "context" file in META-INF.

My question is, is there any way other than making the application's root
directory be "ROOT" or deployed under ROOT/ in order to get it to respond to
"/"? I tried the "path" attribute but it says that it is only valid when the
<Context> is defined in server.xml and not in META-INFO/context.xml.

Secondly, I read the docs on how to get the "manager" application to show up
for each of my virtual hosts (copy manager.xml from Catalina/localhost/ and
move it to Catalina/<myhost>/,
however when my virtual host boots up and I go to <myHost>/manager I get a 404.
However when I got to localhost/manager the manager comes up however it knows
nothing about the apps under my virtual hosts?

thanks