ahnf wrote:
My question is, is there any way other than making the application's root directory be "ROOT" or deployed under ROOT/ in order to get it to respond to "/"? I tried the "path" attribute but it says that it is only valid when the <Context> is defined in server.xml and not in META-INFO/context.xml.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

Use context.xml - approach #2 and configure both a docBase and a path. Note the docBase *must* be outside of any host's appBase.

Secondly, I read the docs on how to get the "manager" application to show up for each of my virtual hosts (copy manager.xml from Catalina/localhost/ and move it to Catalina/<myhost>/, however when my virtual host boots up and I go to <myHost>/manager I get a 404. However when I got to localhost/manager the manager comes up however it knows nothing about the apps under my virtual hosts?

Again, see context.xml -
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

Mark