Hi all.

I'm trying to spawn an SSH session via a tcl CGI script on Tomcat 6.0.14running
on Windows 2003 server. My Java is jdk1.6.0_04 and my tcl is 8.5

I can run the tcl script from a command line, and it executes plink.exe or
ssh2.exe fine. I have set up the CGIServlet and confirmed that it is working
correctly for other tcl scripts in the WEB-INF/cgi directory. But if I try
run the ssh-tcl script as a CGI page, the tcl script runs to the point of
the
ssh/plink spawn and then complains about "Unknown Network Error:
Unable to open connection."

I've tried setting java.net.SocketPermission to

"*", "connect"

in both the catalina.policy file as well as the java.policy file.

I've gone through the $catalina_home/logs files, and can't find any clue
as to where in the chain the network connection is being denied/closed.

I could use some help understanding if this behavior is part of Windows,
or Tomcat, or the Tomcat JVM, or what.

Any suggested log files/policy files I might have missed would be greatly
appreciated.

Manny