On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 8:08 PM, maxchoc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I'm trying to install Tomcat 6.0.16 on Leopard.  I'm following a tutorial on
>  <http://swetnam.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/installing-apache-tomcat-6-on-os-x/>

Not sure why you'd use that instead of the real docs, and there's
no reason I can imagine to write a startup script to call an existing
startup script, but whatever...  :-)

>  I've gotten to the point of trying to start tomcat on my mac but when in the
>  Terminal, I get the following
>
>  sh-3.2# ./start_tomcat
>  ./start_tomcat: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf949cocoasubrtf270:
>  command not found

Use a real text editor, or make sure you save your file as text, not
RTF or whatever the heck that is...

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]