I am not sure this will encourage you but I've got the same setup and it works. Is that the whole jsp and nothing but? is there any servlet that does something before it?

To isolate, you might want to use curl or some other tool to issue the post command.

Yuval Perlov
www.r-u-on.com

On Mar 16, 2008, at 5:25 PM, Ofer Kalisky wrote:

No answer yet, so I thought I'd send you this link:
http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0106&L=jsp- interest&F=&S=&P=49196

which talks about doing something of the sort, but notice, I am _not_ calling getParameter before the getInputStream, so why am I still not getting anything from it?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ofer Kalisky
  To: Tomcat Users List
  Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:53 AM
  Subject: getInputStream problem

  I have a JSP that looks like this:

  <%

  byte[] bytes = new byte[100];

  int n = request.getInputStream().read(bytes);

  System.out.println("Bytes len: " + n);

  %>

  and a python script that looks like this:

  import httplib
  h1 = httplib.HTTPConnection('localhost', 8080)
  h1.putrequest('POST', '/SendM9/test.jsp')
  h1.putheader('Content-Type','application/x-www-form-urlencoded')
  h1.putheader('Content-Length','4')
  h1.endheaders()
  h1.send('koko')
  h1.getresponse()

  however, I get "Bytes len: -1".

Looking inside the variables I see that the parameters were parsed (paremetersParsed = true).

Why does the servlet take my input stream and doesn't let me parse myself the content?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 2949 (20080315) __________

  http://www.eset.com