De: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Enviada em: segunda-feira, 17 de março de 2008 12:16
Para: Tomcat Users List
Assunto: RE: about java.lang.outofmemory error

From: Milanez, Marcus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RES: about java.lang.outofmemory error

GC never (ever) ran and Tomcat proccess could never acquire the amout of memory we'd specified

The fact that GC never ran is irrelevant.  As someone else pointed out, you
likely configured the heap for more space than the sum of real plus swap,
thereby causing a failure when attempting to allocate pages for the process.
Also be aware that the JVM wil throw an OOME for *any* resource failure,
including such things as running out of file descriptors.

- Chuck

attachments from all computers.