thanks, will try the TcpMon

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 4:10 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: UTF-8 encoding problems

Thompson,Roger wrote:
> I saw that--All it really says is to set URIEncoding="UTF-8" the tips
> say to use POST-- cannot do in a RESTful service.

Have you actually tried the test? Did it work? If you read the sample
code it also points to a number of other things the service needs to do
in terms of setting encoding etc.

If the test works and your service doesn't then either you haven't
configured the service properly, there is a bug in the framework or the
filters are causing problems.

I fixed a whole bunch of encoding issues a while back and there haven't
been any bugs since. That isn't to say there aren't any - just that the
odds of this being a Tomcat problem are pretty slim.

You might want to take a look at TcpMon from the Apache Axis project. I
have found it very useful when debugging similar issues.

Mark