From experience, this error is usually the result of an earlier error. Look further up your logs to the first error that occurs after you request this page. Fix that and this one should go away.

--David

Tommy Peterson wrote:
this is the problem with every jsp page I try to hit. does this mean java
can't compile the java beans? I don't get this. I did a search and lot of
a ppl seem to have issue but no solutions.
type Exception report

message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

Stacktrace:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:423)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:566)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org> on Tuesday, March 25, 2008