From: Rainer Jung [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: terça-feira, 1 de Abril de 2008 13:20
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: status worker

Nuno Manuel Martins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to tomcat in general and I am trying to setup jk_mod (using 1.2.25)
> and I have already successfully installed it and put workers serving dynamic
> content from the tomcat server with load balancing.
>
> Now I wanted to setup the status worker to get some statistics. I am using
> the default configuration for it but probably something basic is missing:
>
> worker.properties file:
>
> worker.list=lb1 , lb2 , jkstatus
> [...]
> jkstatus.host=rh02
> jkstatus.port=10001
> jkstatus.username=manager
> jkstatus.password=tomcat
> jkstatus.url=http://${jkstatus.host}:${jkstatus.port}/jkstatus
> jkstatus.testlb=lb1
> jkstatus.testworker=worker42
>
> uriworkermap.properties file:
> /jkmanager=jkstatus
>
> Apache httpd.conf file:
> JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties
> JkMountFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/uriworkermap.properties
>
> Include /usr/local/apache2/conf/tomcat-55.conf
> Include /usr/local/apache2/conf/tomcat-50.conf
>
> Apache httpd is on host rh01 and Tomcat server is on host rh02. When I try to
> access http://rh01/jkmanager it just says it can't find the document... can
> someone say what am I missing? The documentation doesn't provide much
> troubleshoot :(
>
> Regards,
> Nuno

Correct your workers.properties

Remove all of the above lines of the form

jkstatus.attribute=value

because none of the attributes you are using makes much sense.

Add:

worker.jkstatus.type=status

to let mod_jk know, when it tries to send a request to the worker with
name jkstatus, that there is not host/port/Tomcat behind it, but instead
it should generate its own status page.

If it works, then you should add an authentication/authorization
mechanism inside httpd to the URL /jkmanager (e.g. a Location directive
and inside a required user/password; this can be done with usual httpd
procedures, nothing mod_jk specific).

Regards,

Rainer