Is there any reasonable way I can tell where the issue resides, mod_proxy_ajp or the Tomcat AJP connector.

I'm using Apache 2.2.8 and the Java (non-native, non-NIO) AJP connector. [The native connector is just too painful to build on half a dozen platforms...]

Jess Holle wrote:
You're right -- this works fine in the direct case.

So I need to file a bug against mod_proxy_ajp instead? Or is there some chance this is in the AJP connector?

Rainer Jung wrote:
So are you saying, that th request goes through httpd/mod_proxy or mod_jk? If so, you should first test with direct request, so that we know, where we have to look for the problem.

With mod_jk there were a couple of encoding changes and the latest versions without a forwarding JkOption I think decodes the semicolon before forwarding, because the AJP connector does not decode before looking for the jsessionid.

Regards,

Rainer