> From: Susan G. Conger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I am trying to put together some system requires for running
> Apache HTTP Server and Tomcat on windows machines.

A minimal Tomcat installation takes under 10 meg of disk, starts up in under 30
meg of RAM and will cheerfully run on a low-end Celeron.  I would say low-end
486, but I've not checked the minimum CPU requirements for Java 1.6!

Now add the required resources for your operating system and your application -
which will be most of them!  The only way to do this is to benchmark your
application - on Windows - and to make reasonable assumptions about application
load.  That is not a job that can be done by this, or any, mailing list.

Also, why do you feel you need Apache httpd in front of Tomcat?  Tomcat is a
very capable web server in its own right, unlike (say) PHP or perl.  If you're
concerned about performance, this will typically increase response times for
dynamically-generated content, take extra CPU cycles and consume extra memory.
There are reasons to use httpd + Tomcat - if you give us some more information,
you may get some more informed comment!

                - Peter