Susan G. Conger wrote:
I am trying to put together some system requires for running Apache HTTP
Server and Tomcat on windows machines.  I have looked all over but I can't
seem to find a minimum system specification for windows.  I want to run
tomcat 6.0 and I need CPU, Hard Drive Space, Memory and anything else that
will tell the customer what the need.  I would like to know the minimum,
medium, ideal system specifications for windows.  If anyone know where I can
find this information or has these specs please let me know.
As others have said, the requirements for Tomcat itself are pretty minimal; anything that will run windows effectively will handle tomcat itself ok. Your application, OTOH may need much more capacity. If you tell us a little more about what your app is doing, how many simultaneous users, etc, we'll be able to give more accurate suggestions.

As an example, I have an app that takes continuous data feeds from about 330 locations around the country, totaling around 2.5M lines and 210 MB of data per day. It runs on a dual-core dual processor Xeon with 2GB RAM running Windows server 2003, Tomcat 5.5 and Java 1.5, and very rarely rises above 2% CPU usage or 600MB memory usage. So obviously I'm over-spec'd with this machine.