Hi

Did the manager or admin apps work before you installed your own ROOT?

Yes , the Manager or admin did work for the roles / username / password set in

conf / tomcatusers.xml.

On Renaming the "ROOT"  as 'ROOTORIG' ,
got Http 404  error for the Manager or  admin set of pages

 HTTP Status 404 - /ROOT_orig/manager/html

*type* Status report

*message* _/ROOT_orig/manager/html_

*description* _The requested resource (/ROOT_orig/manager/html) is not available._

     Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

What platform are you running on?

What JRE/JDK are you using?

JDK = 1.6
TOMCAT 5.5.23
O/S = UNIX 11

with regards
Karthik

From: karthikn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: "ROOT" as 'ROOTORIG'

But on clicking in browser on the Tomcat Manager / Administration in
ROOTORIG, I am not able to do any  Manager  /Administrations.

I seriously doubt that whatever error you're seeing contains the words
"not able to do".  Want to tell us the actual message or status you're
getting?  Have you bothered to look in the Tomcat logs?

Did the manager or admin apps work before you installed your own ROOT?

What platform are you running on?

What JRE/JDK are you using?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.