Thanks Chuck, This was a useful reply for me.
Though I could not find tomcat-5.5.17/server/lib/catalina-util-xml.jar from
which org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XMLAction and XMLMapper classes are being
referred by one of my class.
By looking at the API docs of 6.0 release, I couldn't find package
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.
Should I look at some other package/jar for these classes?

Thanks and Regards,
Harsh.