Han,

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here--use a Mock Object (a dummy) to stub out your app so it thinks it's calling the Servlet. After you've tested your app working, then revert to actually sending the request to Tomcat.

If the Servlet provides real data that must come from the servlet, wrap the request on the client side, maintaining a queue of requests and responses *on the client side*. Make your app use this client- side facility, and have that facility insert the delay when in test mode.

Lloyd