Hi

Somebody Please Help me with this form

with regards
Karthik

karthikn wrote:
Hi

I have few Questions which i was not able to get TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
and form.

a) Clustering

    1) Do we need to deploy the war files  on each individual Tomcat
    when joined the clustering.
      >> "deploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
    distribute  the deployments across the entire cluster".

        This does not seems to work, after following the steps for 2
    Tomcats (or am i missing some thing in here.)

    2) Is this a must do configuration

         >>" Make sure that all nodes have the same time and sync with
    NTP service! "

       for the clusters to start functioning.

b) Load balancing

         1) Using  "Using the balancer webapp" , redirects to different
URL's is done,
          Can we use the same to redirect to  the clustered TOMCATs to
do the load
            balancing  internally based on

      RoundRobinRule,
      RandomRedirectRule

 Any URL or blog (other then "cluster-howto.html")
 which explains the clustering /load balancing in simple steps would be
of wery much help to us.

Prerequisite : TOMCAT 5.5.23 (already in production ,we cannot change
this version) 2 nos
JSDK          : 1.6
O/s            : UNIX 11

with regards