[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

We've started to stress test a new website, and are seeing 503's interspersed when we are under load. We are running Apache - Tomcat combination.

Could someone give me an idea of what can cause this, and where to start looking?

cheers,

David

Number of possibilities some of which include:
1)What is the maxclients settings in httpd.conf (Apache)
2)Any specific errors in catalina logs (Tomcat)
3)Do you have ample RAM and CPU for the test (please elaborate on hardware)
4)Database overload? (elaborate on DB if any)

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
http://www.ngasi.com
NEW! 8.1 - Centrally manage Application Servers across multiple physical servers