Hi David,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Hi,

We've started to stress test a new website, and are seeing 503's interspersed when we are under load. We are running Apache - Tomcat combination.

Could someone give me an idea of what can cause this, and where to start looking?

I expect the 503 is generated by httpd/mod_jk. If so, then your mod_jk log file should give an idea, if httpd couldn't contact Tomcat, didn't get an answer, ...

Is your stress test using a defined maximum parallelity? If not and your test client uses a timeout, then once your app gets slow, you'll easily saturate all Tomcat threads, DB connections, ... and finally httpd will no longer be able to send new requests to Tomcat.

Du regular thread dumps to your Tomcat while being under stress, to check what the AJP threads (TP-Processor) are actually doing.

cheers,

David

Regards,

Rainer