Thanks for the reply.

To be honest I am not sure, both web apps are separated, have their own
web.xml files and also are accessed via different ports, however as they are
effectively the same application at different stages of development they
each need to load parameters in on start up to a class that holds constant
values. (I don’t know if this is the best or a good way to do it, its how it
was done before I started).

Here are some excerpts from the web.xml, the only difference in each of the
2 web apps web.xml is that they load a different value for the url endpoint,
as they point to different message handling development areas:

<servlet-name>ConfigurationManager</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>application.util.startup.ConfigurationManager</servlet-class>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>MESSAGE.ENDPOINT</param-name>
      <param-value>http://192.168.28.193/router/SOAPEndpoint</param-value>

    </init-param>
</servlet>

To be honest I am sure it’s a lack of understanding on my part, but that’s
something I want to correct!

Thanks