I've had to do this a few times in my life - never easy...  One way is to
use
an in-memory database like hsqldb - ( http://hsqldb.org/ ) - and what you do
here is one context sticks an object with a key into the database, and the
other
context picks it up from the hsqldb - both "listen" in on a socket...  I
have
used this technique successfully before -one extra thing I did was exchange
keys between the two instances as a cookie...  You access the in-memory
database via JDBC...

Good luck, Alex.