To use the mbeans-descriptor.xml method, somewhere in your code you need to
do something like:
                Registry.getRegistry(null, null).registerComponent(this,
oname, null );

Where 'oname' is the ObjectName that you want to register your component
under.  Since you are using TC6, the correct import is:
import org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.Registry;

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]