Edoardo Panfili wrote:
Christina Tziviskou ha scritto:
Edoardo Panfili wrote:
Christina Tziviskou ha scritto:
hi everyone,
I recently installed tomcat version 6.0 in mac Leopard.
I am using tomcat 6.0.16 with Leopard (... but there is Debian in my future!)

After installation, by calling the http://localhost:8080/ page, I get a blank page. No error messages are in the log files, and i keep getting the blank page even if i ask jsp pages contained in the webapps folder.
Arr you starting from the shell? No messages?
what happens if you try:
export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home
$tomcatpath$/bin/startup.sh
from the shell?

Thanks for the quick answer.
I found out that also Skype was listening at the same port 8080.
The tomcat was up and running, but it was Skype to respond at http://localhost:8080/
usualy if 8080 is busy Tomcat does not starts.

Actually, tomcat was up and running (the ps command showed the process), and no errors have been generated (neither at startup, nor during the requests). I changed the skype port, cause i did not know which are the acceptable port numbers for tomcat.

christina
my skype is on 5735 (but I don't know skype)

But you can move tomcat from 8080 to another free port editing server.xml

Edoardo