Here they are :

-------- Context from the server.xml --------
<Context docBase="ROOT" path="/ROOT" reloadable="true"
source="org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:ROOT"/></Host>

---------- Filter---------------
public class ElwinFilterimplements Filter
{
public ElwinFilter()
{
       System.out.println("Creating filter.");
       readConfig();
}
// For some reasome the filter is constructed twice
private static boolean sInit = false;
//Init all code
private synchronized void readConfig()
{
        if(sInit)
       {
              return;
       }
       try
       {
              RemoteDBConnections.getInstance();
       }
       catch(Exception e)
       {
              e.printStackTrace();
       }
       sInit = true;
}
// @Override
public void destroy()
{
}
// @Override
public void doFilter(ServletRequest request,
ServletResponse response,
FilterChain filterChain) throws IOException,
ServletException
{
       filterChain.doFilter(request, response);
}
}
@Override
public void init(FilterConfig arg0) throws ServletException
{
       System.out.println("init filter");
}

}
-------------- web.xml -----------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
id="WebApp_ID" version="2.5">
<display-name>ROOT</display-name>

<servlet>
<description>For event logs</description>
<display-name>EventFront</display-name>
<servlet-name>EventFront</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.elwin.EventFront</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>EventFront</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/EventFront</url-pattern>