André Warnier wrote:
Mark,
thank you for the explanations below. And I apologise if I answered rather testily before.
No problem. I can be a little short too sometimes.

The problem is that some clients (as a result of the ISP they are using) change IP with every request.
Off-topic : Are you sure that can really happen ? I must admit that I have never seen that behaviour before, and it seems to me that it would create a host of other problems (such as breaking the underlying TCP sessions).
I have never seen it but I do recall other people mentioning it as a potential issue previously on this list. I just did a search of the archives and found this thread:
http://markmail.org/message/db5mcsyn2yj5wt44

Mark