Hello,

I use tomcat 5.5 on debian etch, for running OpemCms, which is set up to run
in the ROOT webapp.

I need to run now another application on tomcat, and what I think to do is to
have another "instance" of tomcat running on another port, isolated from my
OpenCms, with a different webapps folder as well.

To sum up:

tomcat-instance 1: port 8001 webapps-folder: /var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps
tomcat-instance 2: port 8002 webapps-folder: /home/tomcat/webapps

Note that I do not need to to virtualhosting, since I have an ordinary apache
2.2 in front which uses mod_proxy_ajp to redirect some of the urls to tomcat.

Also, I would prefer not to touch the debian startup scripts, nor modify any
other distributed files. All config should be done in the tomcat config-files.

I read through the documentation, but got confused of hosts, contexts,
servers, and connectors... :-(

Can someone explain how to achieve this configuration, or maybe provide
example-files?

Best regards,
Yves