Hello Christopher and List,

thank you very much for your detailed description!
I am currently evaluating all the possibilities to run my 2 applications side-
by-side.

Another idea I came up with is:

Use only one instance of Tomcat, but create 2 connectors, which each hold one
host, and these hosts have different appBase-folders. Then my apps would been
isolated, and I would connect to them via mod_proxy on their respective ports.

Does this sound good?

Regards,
Yves

p.s. This way I would not need to touch the config from the debian packages
(which I really would like to avoid)