Mladen Turk wrote:
Mohan2005 wrote:
On the same front, say we have 50 nodes and one jkmanager.
There  would be a management problem to disable/activate nodes.
Is there a way to disable/activate nodes passing URL parameters to jkmanager
?

No, but that's a good idea to put a wildchar processing
for worker names (same rules as for JkMount)

I would suggest you fill in the bugzilla enhancement request
for Native:JK component at:
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Tomcat%206

Yes, please add an issue about status worker and using patterns for worker and sub worker.

In the meantime, you can try to automate the activation setting for multiple workers by using a script. The details for the status worker URL arguments can be found on the page

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/status.html#Request%20Parameters

and you can always check, which URLs get used by interactive usage, because we never use POST.

Examples:

cmd=update
mime=txt
w=myloadbalancer
sw=memberofloadbalancer
wa=disabled

Mass editing of one attribute for all sub workers (also called edit by aspect) could be done via

cmd=update
mime=txt
w=myloadbalancer
att=wa
val1=disabled
val2=active
val3=disabled
val4=disabled
val5=active

Of course this only works as long as the URL doesn't get to long.

There's no guarantee about the order of the sub workers though, so you first need to check the order resulting from your config in the GUI of the status worker.

Regards,

Rainer