Hello
I have Tomcat 6.0.4, JRE 1.6 on my PC. I embed tomcat
in eclipse IDE.
When i run  tomcat with the startup.bat from the
console i have access to tomcat at the web browser via
http://localhost:8080 and I see in the console output
of the tomcat that my web applications in
tomcat/webapps are deployed.
In contrast to that, when i start it inside eclipse,
although i see that the tomcat is successfully
started, but the tomcat output does not show that my
web applications are deployed and at the browser i
have no access to server typing http://localhost:8080!

I get the HTTP Status 404 - / ERROR:
HTTP Status 404 - /
type Status report
description The requested resource (/) is not
available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.14

Thanks for you hints
henry