Assuming you are using the Eclipse Web Tools Platform, or Java EE package
version of Eclipse for you Tomcat support, see this FAQ entry:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Tomcat_FAQ#If_I_start_my_Tomcat_server_and_try_to_display_Tomcat.27s_default_page.2C_why_do_I_see_a_directory_listing_or_404_error_page.3F

Cheers,
Larry